4.20.2006

no match

Yesterday was the first day Pink and I have ridden together in over a week. Even though I have been working hard on my riding and have even dropped a few pounds, I am no match for the massive leg strength of Pinky. My climbing is a little better than his but I don't think that will hold up for much longer, especially given my limited availability to ride for the next two weeks.

We did a short loop on the access roads. On the way down the access Pink was ahead of me by a fair amount. A rider came up behind me, chatted a sec, and then dropped me faster than H&M dropped Kate Moss after the cocaine scandal.

As he approached Pink I could see my man pick up his pace to hang with this guy a little longer and then Pink let him go as he waited for me to catch back up.

As we made the turn to take the access back (completely uphill) our climbing skills, albeit in their infancy, helped us close the gap. Eventually, Pink made his move and reeled him in. I believe this was the conversation that ensued.

Pink: Hey there, Basso.
Rider: I thought I dropped you.
Pink: I have my tactics.

At that point we split off to go home, Pink satisified that some of his forgotten cycling prowess is starting to return.

No comments: