12.20.2008

G's 2008 Faves - #1

As is custom with the passing of another year, there are lots of lists proclaiming the best of the best from throughout the year. Various mags and websites have theirs so why not have my own? But since Jackers has kept me so busy this year I think I'll have to rattle off just my fave for each category.

For the rest of the year I'll post a favorite each day, shuffling out the old and making room for the new. Let's hope I haven't over-estimated my ability to come up with 12 favorites things or the discipline to post something on my blog for 12 straight days (I don't think THAT'S ever been done before).

And...GO!

Favorite Album: Cold War Kids' Robbers & Cowards AND Coldplay's Viva la Vida

I know, I'm already breaking my own rules by listing two favorites for this category, but let me explain.

No doubt that these are my two most listened to albums of the year, with CWK just edging out Coldplay. No doubt that both of these albums are just genius, absolutely genius. Technically, this CWK album was released in 2006 but definitely did not come to my attention until this year, hence including it in this category. Viva la Vida is the legit choice for 08 but even if I had to pick only one, it would be Robbers & Cowards. Check it out when you can, it's amazing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Coldplay but I havent listened to the whole thing yet.