1.28.2009

game on

It's a week into our family weight loss challenge and I'm the early front runner. As Pink points out, I have had an extra couple of weeks of exercising to get my metabolism up to speed compared to everyone else. But as I told all the contestants (5 of us in all) I will NOT be an embarrassment at the beach this summer.

I've also discovered the greatest time management multi-tasking brilliance ever. We get so many magazine subscriptions at our house that it's almost impossible to keep up with them. And I keep getting more because I want them, but also seem to send several to the recycle bin without even a glance.

At the gym at work there are two tvs, one on CNN and one on ESPN. Because I listen to my shuffle I can't tune into the sound of either tv and am forced to read the captioning. And although I'd prefer to read ESPN, the ellipticals that I frequent are in front of CNN and you're not allowed to touch the tvs. Bastards. Are all gyms like this?

Anyway, my new plan which so far has worked flawlessly is just to bring one of my mags. What a novel freakin idea. I've already blown through two Entertainment Weeklys and halfway through my new Wired. Oh the joy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

GOOD LUCK GENA!!!!!!!! I have to support you on this, men just lose wgt too easily so pinky gets no support from me!

COL said...

ambitious -- between the books and the gym and all that. i love how you are always creating projects for yourself. break a leg. (figuratively speaking. when we were kids, you did once, right?)

Gena said...

Thanks, Col. No broken leg, but lots of sprained ankles. I was such a drama queen.