10.29.2009

Q19 update and parking deck

With my last post I have surpassed my goal of reading 19 books in 2009. However, not all of them were the intended 19 so I'm not sure there's cause for celebration yet. I've still got 3 books from last Christmas to get through before the end of the year.


Honestly, I know I'll finish the Vonnegut books on schedule but I don't see it happening for The Selfish Gene. Man, this book is going slowly. Right now I feel like I'm reading a basic biology text. I love science. LOVE science. But somehow I just can't get excited about this book. Maybe it will get better. But I've got at least two more books I'd rather read and self-discipline is not my strongest suit as evidenced by the raided bag of Halloween candy at my house.

On the other hand, I'm concurrently reading Welcome to the Monkey House which is mildly entertaining, so I've got that going for me.

On the parking deck: is there much worse than being stuck behind someone who goes the required 7 mph through a parking deck up to the 5th floor? I got through 3 songs (~8 minutes!) and never got out of first gear before getting to a spot.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would honk at that car...loudly.