9.23.2005

mail call

Every time I ride I do something a little different, maybe even a little better.

Yesterday I took almost every hill out of the saddle AND in my big gear. I only faltered on one really long climb that I started out of the saddle in my big gear, dropped to my middle ring, and then finally had to sit down and use the baby ring. But it was a long hill. Overall, I was pretty proud of myself. And it was a new route too, so that was nice and refreshing.

I still don't think I'm going to be quite ready to ride with the rest of the NYUNADS this coming weekend though.

Also forgot to mention that I discovered a new hazard on the road. Not people talking on their cell phones or playing with iPods, not hidden holes or grates in the road, not irate rednecks with shotgun racks in their pick-up trucks, none of those things.

Open mailboxes.
Ouch.

I almost clipped my shoulder last week and weaved out of the way just in time. That definitely would have left a mark, might have even knocked me off Helix.

Beware the open mailbox.

No comments: