9.13.2005

work? what's that?

Wow, has it really been 14 days since my last post?

Don't fret - just because the posting was lacking doesn't mean I wasn't riding. Actually, I think I had ridden quite a bit, and then the yankees got here.

Most of you already know what a sloth-fest it was the week the Bags' clan was here. It was brilliant. I have never played so much PS2 in my entire life. And actually, haven't played it but once since they left. I was starting to get calluses on my thumbs.

But I have to say I think I know how the Beak feels, or rather, how the Beak FELT since as of this past weekend he has advanced his standard of cycling. I thought I was a decent rider, and then Bags got here and I realized how much I sucked. It was nothing short of demoralizing the first day. After that I just accepted it and had a good ride our second day out.

Only three weeks until the October Challenge, which I am now dreading given the perspective of how I really stack up, at least to Bags. I can now definitively say, without a doubt, were it to be a race, Team Chianti would crumble like queso fresco.

But alas, we all just ride to have fun, right? Who cares about winning, right? Yeah, I know, who am I kidding?

No comments: