7.25.2005

Brilliant Sunday...for Lance, too!

Today is a much needed rest day but yesterday was brilliant.

We rode about 22 miles from our house to Decatur and back. I've figured out that Pinky goes out too hard (he says he can't go any slower) but then halfway through the ride, when I'm hitting my peak, he's beat. So in the center of Decatur I was about to hit my stride on the long straight road when Pinky decided we need a shortcut to get home to avoid a hill so he cut into a neighborhood.

This decision led to about a half a dozen more hills because we got lost in it. Finally emerging onto a main road, we were back on course for home. About 2 miles from the house Pinky got a flat, but because he told me to go ahead of him, I rode for a long time before realizing he was yelling at me to stop. I sprinted home (ok, not really a full sprint) and got the car.

We had to go to two shops before we found someone to fix Big Red's busted sew-up tire. We also saw Big Red's potential successor, a very nice Cannondale. Hmmm.