7.23.2005

Pinky's domestique

Is it possible? Could it have happened so quickly? Have I really become Pinky's domestique? Yes, it's official: after a week of solid riding Pinky is faster, stronger, and a faster climber than I am. But I did take him on a sprint over one small climb today. And then he got me right back on the very next one.

This morning we rode out Chamblee-Tucker which was the greatest - it must have been at least a couple of miles without a traffic light. It was nice to get a rhythm going. We had about 4 small climbs on this ride, not including the dreaded neighborhood hills. What we thought was going to be pretty tough ended up being okay and the last climb proved to be the toughest. And then of course the two last ones to actually get to the driveway. He beat me into the driveway and then cheered me on - I needed it for that nasty little one.

For me this was a little harder ride since I was trying to go at Pinky's pace. I spent the entire hour and four minutes over 168 bpm (max at 194, the driveway of course). But I still felt good when we got home. So far this is the best workout I've had.

I've logged 73.79 miles this week, and I'll definitely make my goal of 100 miles before next Friday, probably by Tuesday. Tomorrow we're planning to ride to Decatur and back, about 23 miles. Should be a good ride, no surprising hills that I can think of. Maybe I need to adjust my goal??

Also tried out our homemade energy bars this morning. I'm pretty impressed actually - they're tasty!

No comments: