7.19.2005

Primer Impacto

My father will say that I've reached the pinnacle of Geekdom with the creation of a blog. With Pinky and I starting to ride our bicycles more I wanted to be able to document the pain and suffering we're going through to prepare for the yet-to-be-titled riding challenge in October.

I also remember telling my Dad at some point that I didn't want to work anymore and that I wanted to write. He suggested that writing be my vocation instead of a career. So here we are. I'm vocating.

Today my plan is to go for a 45 minute endurance ride. I'll have to guess at what my "endurance" is since I don't have a heart monitor yet. But I gather from my reading that it's riding at 65% of my max heart rate. And apparently, we need to have goals also.

Pinky's goal for the end of the August: ride 360 miles.
My goal for the end of the August: ride more than Pinky.

Seeing how he rides early in the day and myself late I think this shouldn't be too hard, unless he falsifies his data. And he would so that he could outride me. We'll have to see how this pans out.

No comments: