7.27.2005

It's Getting Hot in Here

Like I've already told a few people, it was still in the 90's when I rode last night at 7 pm. I went for a short ride, but only because my route didn't work out quite like I thought it would. I ended up only riding for 40 minutes but it was a good 40. Today I'm doing the BCM and I'm going to try it like I did last week staying in my endurance range. We'll see if my time's changed at all.

Forgot to mention that Pinky's run-ins with unfriendly types has stalled at two. Saturday, a guy in a Corvette honked at us and when Pinky politely asked him not to do that he said, "F*** you! Get on the sidewalk!" He drove off before Pinky could tell him that was illegal but not before Pinky returned the obscenity.

The second guy was a red neck in a pick-up truck who apparently cut Pinky off (funny how these incidents seem to happen when I'm on the ride but before I really get to the scene). Pinky asked him to be careful because he could have hit one of us (which I did hear him say politely). As I rolled up I heard Pinky say, "It's illegal." And then the conversation ended the same as the other, with the generous exchange of appropriate salutations.

Pinky, fighting for the rights of cyclists everywhere.

No comments: