8.24.2005

cupcake is back

Wow - yesterday's ride was phenomenal.

I got home late and it was looking pretty overcast - not so much that it was going to rain but it was getting dark and I only have the flashing light on the back of my seat post. So instead of scrapping the day I decided to do a shorter ride than I planned but to haul ass to get home before it got dark. As I told Pinky, I'm not so worried about being able to see where I'm going but more that I'll get hit by some jackass who isn't paying attention to the flashing light on Helix.

I did the Walmart ride (10.5 miles) at a pretty good pace; I barely had time to drink any water because I kept timing all the traffic lights right. I picked up my average speed by more than 1 mph (even though it felt like it should have been more) and felt GREAT when I got home. I think my legs have finally come back and this time it only took two rides for my seat to re-adjust to being on the saddle.

It's amazing how a drop in the temperature can make you feel when you ride. Because it was so late and overcast it was probably about 10 degrees cooler than it has been and it was bloody brilliant to ride in that. Tonight, though, I am going to try to get home earlier and pack in about 20 miles. I'm hoping today will be another cooler day.

Pinky had a nice homemade pizza ready to go when I got home and we sat down to watch Entourage. If you haven't seen it, you need to. It's on HBO so if you have HBO and digital cable you can watch it On Demand. I highly recommend it - my favorite show on television right now.

No comments: