8.03.2005

team wagon

Is it possible that if you are feeling stressed or have had a particularly stressful day that your heart rate will be above what it normally should be during a ride? Yesterday I only did the Walmart ride, barely 11 miles, and it was tough. My heart rate was way faster than what it was the day before on the tougher ride and I don't really have an explanation. I wasn't averaging any faster than I usually do, although I did hit a new max speed.

Another oddity that I noticed, probably some time last week, was that Team Chianti is transforming into Team On-the-Wagon.

Papa asked me in Italy if we drank wine every night. Since Pinky sells it for a living, of course I said yes. Wine with dinner pretty much every night. It's a given.

But since we've started training I find us only busting a cork the night before a rest day. Bizarre behavior for us. I didn't think Pinky would love anything more than the grape.

FYI...Pinky's wheel is finally ready so we'll see if we can't get him out there tonight.

No comments: