8.20.2005

sniff sniff

I found out last night that Bags predicted to Papa that our training would falter. After an unprecedented 13 days off the road I would say his assessment was accurate. But have no fear, Helix has been resurrected from the stuffy confines of the garage and loved breathing the fresh morning air today. I promised Bags I would ride today and blog post-haste, so be it.

We hit the road around 8:30 am and rode 13.52 miles, about 50 minutes. And believe me, I paid for my 13 days huddled up on the couch with a blanket and a box of tissues. But tomorrow will be easier. I don't have a million other things to do so I can go for a nice, long, easy ride.

And apparently Pinky has an excuse as well for being off the saddle. He hurt his back about a month ago and clearly hasn't been forthcoming about how much it hurt him. He's off to finally see a doctor and we'll see where that puts him.

No comments: